The way you respond when talking to young children about death is determined by your own personal and spiritual views on the topic. This booklet is a good guide and conversation starter for you children. In this booklet you are lead through a funeral through the eyes of Kolie. He has lost his grandfather and now has to attend his grandfather’s funeral. The story is very good for young children because they can identify with Kolie and the feeling and thoughts that he has.
Kolie and the Funeral can be used by parents to council their children on several different topics like:
- Funeral arrangements
- Funeral home visitation
- Cemetery visitation
Recommended uses for "Kolie and the Funeral"
- Pick up item in your funeral home
- Excellent book to present to families for children to learn from and color
- Present a supply to your elementary school
- Use in conjunction with funeral home and outside Audio-Visual presentations
- Use as a pass out item, when speaking to a Children’s Group
- Use in conjunction with newspaper advertising
- Offer at health fairs and similar events
- Provide hospices and similar organizations
- Post call packet